Location: Delaware Bay at Broadkill Beach, Delaware (Sussex County)
Target Date of Completion: The project is to begin June 2015 and expected to be completed April 2016 (Inital construction) The most striking example of beneficial use of dredge material As part of the initial construction of the Delaware River Main Channel Deepening Project there was an opportunity to complete initial construction of the Broadkill project as a beneficial use of dredge material.
The dredged material from Delaware River Main Channel Deepening project was taken to five federal upland confined disposal facilities (CDFs) in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The good quality sand will be taken from the Delaware River Channel and placed as beachfill at Broadkill Beach, Delaware.
In the News
- Sand Pumping Starts at Broadkill Beach DelawareOnline.com
- Broadkill beach fill begins: Pushing back time and tide DelawareOnline.com
Philadelphia District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Delaware Bay Coastline, Broadkill Beach, DE
- Delaware River Main Channel Deepening
- US Army Corps of Engineers Philadelphia District
- USACE Facebook