Port Advisory Committee
The Port of Philadelphia Advisory Committee was established by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf in December 2015.
Comprised of business, labor, and government officials selected by Governor Wolf, the Port of Philadelphia Advisory Committee was formed to provide an effective, transparent forum to ensure an ongoing, substantive dialogue between PRPA and its stakeholders. As indicated by its title, the committee will be advisory in nature and will meet with PRPA Board Members and staff on a quarterly basis. Agenda items will include, among other topics, port strategic and real estate planning, macro maritime industry conditions, port infrastructure requirements, and the optimization of market opportunities.
The Advisory Committee will meet quarterly and you will find issues discussed at those meetings below in the Port Advisory Committee Presentations section.
Port of Philadelphia Advisory Committee members:
- Leonidas (Leo) Addimando of the Alterra Group, representing State Senator Lawrence M. Farnese, Jr.– whose district includes large portions of the Port
- Wadud Ahmad of Ahmad Zaffarese, LLC
- Denise Brinley, Special Assistant to the Secretary – Strategic Industry Initiatives, Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED)
- Toby L. Fauver, PennDOT Deputy Secretary for Multimodal Transportation
- Chelsea Guzowski, Director of Special Projects, Pennsylvania Office of the Budget
- William Hamilton, president, Pennsylvania Conference of Teamsters
- Rudy Husband, vice president, Norfolk Southern Corporation – Pennsylvania and New England
- Deputy Mayor of Philadelphia Rich Lazer, representing Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
- Kate McNamara, vice president, real estate service, Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
- Rodney Oglesby, vice president of government affairs, CSX Corporation
- Robert W. Palaima, president, Delaware River Stevedores – operator of PRPA’s Tioga Marine Terminal
- James H. Paylor, Jr., vice president, International Longshoremen’s Union
- James Snell, business agent, Steamfitters Local Union 420
- Harvey Weiner, president, Dependable Distribution Services – operator of PRPA’s cocoa complex at Pier 84