|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support under the supervision of the Chief Engineer. Provide administrative assistance to the Chief Engineer by coordinating department inspection staff, managing construction projects, participating in meetings, and performing related duties as required.
- Assist in planning for new facilities and the rehabilitation or modernization of existing terminal facilities by preparing plans, specifications, and estimates for construction work and overseeing construction. Works with design consultants and construction management firms at the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- Manage time effectively, working on multiple projects in various stages of completion at one time.
- Supply information and recommendations to the Chief Engineer for use during construction work. Perform a construction management role on most engineering projects. Manage projects for compliance with contract requirements and departmental standards.
- Maintain working relationship with pier tenants, PRPA Operations and Maintenance, consulting engineers, and contractors to ensure cost effective and on-schedule projects.
- Assist in the department’s expenditure decisions for maintenance or construction work as necessary.
- Maintain the department’s as-built drawings and project files.
- A minimum of one year of civil engineering experience in transportation and a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a closely related engineering discipline from an accredited institution; OR an Engineer-in-Training certificate issued by or acceptable to the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists.
- Preferred civil engineering experience would include design and construction experience in industrial building and heavy marine construction dredging, pile driving, concrete and asphalt paving, sprinkler systems, electrical distribution and sewer and water lines.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills. Must be highly organized and self motivated
||The PRPA is an agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and offers an attractive benefits package.
- Paid vacation , sick, personal time
- Pension plan
- 13 paid holidays
- Full medical for Employee and family and Dental and Vision included.
PRPA supports the belief that employees should be provided with a work environment which enables every employee to work to the best of their ability. We do not support, approve, nor tolerate any intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
||Elaine Civera at email@example.com; or Lisa Magee at firstname.lastname@example.org
||View PDF Document