Current Job Opportunities > Project Engineer
The Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PRPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team as part of the Port Administration Engineering Department located in Philadelphia, PA. The successful candidate will support our mission by providing engineering, technical, planning and management, logistics, and administrative support for our facilities.
The Project Engineer will provide assistance to the Chief Engineer by coordinating department staff, managing design and construction projects, participating in internal and external meetings, and developing budgetary and planning documents. In this role, you will assist in planning new facilities and the rehabilitation of existing terminal facilities, by preparing plans, specifications, and estimates for construction projects, and overseeing multiple projects from bid to closeout. The Project Engineer will work with and oversee the efforts of consultants, contractors, and trades. The position requires someone who can work both independently and collaboratively with both our in-house team as well as with tenants, port stakeholders, and the regulatory and agency community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering discipline from an accredited institution, with a minimum 5 years relevant work experience; and
- Professional Engineer licensure in Pennsylvania, or a Professional Engineering license issued in another state with the ability to obtain a Pennsylvania PE within 6 months of hire (preferred); or, an Engineer in Training licensure with the eligibility to sit for the PE exam within the next 6 months; and
- Valid US Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) – visit tsa.gov for information on requirements; and
- Highly Preferred: Design and construction experience in any or all of the following areas: concrete and asphalt paving, sprinkler systems, electrical distribution and sewer and water lines, industrial building and heavy marine construction experience with demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and AutoCAD.
- Project and construction management experience (1-2 years minimum).
- The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Posted March 8, 2017