Southport Marine Terminal Complex
Southport will be the first major marine terminal expansion of the Port of Philadelphia in over 40 years.
This page has been developed to provide information about the Southport Marine Terminal Project. Please check back frequently for updates and relevant documents necessary for the project as it progresses. Thank you.
PRPA’s Public-Private Partnership
PRPA is seeking to partner with one or more private developers who will: (i) Design and Build industrial/commercial revenue-generating facilities on the Southport Sites; (ii) Finance all or substantial portion of the initial capital costs of the Project through private equity and debt and use revenues to fund the O&M period and (iii) Operate and maintain the facilities (including all lifecycle work) under a long-term leased-based contract.
All facilities/activities must be permissible under PRPA’s statute and promote maritime commerce.
Overview of the Opportunity
The three sites located at the Southport Marine Terminal Complex are available and are included in the scope of this Project. They are: (1) Southport Marine Terminal, “Site 1”; (2) Southport West Terminal, “Site 2”; and (3) Pier 124 North Berth, “Site 3”. Collectively, Site 1, Site 2 and Site 3 are referred to as the “Southport Sites”.
- RFQ Addendum 1 added (10/7/15).
- RFQ Addendum 2 added (10/23/15).
- RFQ Addendum 3 added (11/3/15)*
→ September 23, 2015 › Southport RFQ released
• Request for Qualification (PDF) released (9/23/15).
→ January 19, 2016 › Short-list Respondents announced
• Short-listed Respondents (PPT) added (1/19/16).
• Short-listed Respondents (Press Release) released (1/21/16).
→ February 29, 2016 › RFP issued to Short-list Respondents
• Request for Proposals (PDF) issued (2/29/16).
→ 4th Quarter 2016 › Developer(s) to be Selected
→ Year 2017 › Construction Commencement
- .RFP Addendum 3 added (8/16/16)
- Q & A │Round 2: Questions and Q & A │Round 1: Questions added 6/2/16.
- RFP Addendum #2 and Requests for Proposals (RFP) – Version 2 added 4/29/16.
- RFP Addendum #1 added 4/1/16.
- March 9th Public Outreach Highlights Video and March 9th Public Outreach FULL Video added 3/28/16.
- March 9th Public Outreach Presentation added 3/23/16.
- Southport Requests for Proposals (RFP) posted 2/29/16.
- Southport Respondent Contact Information added 2/19/16.
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) released 9/23/15.
See more updates in Relevant Reports and Documents
and Media Section
Press Releases, Presentations, Videos, etc.
- Lt. Governor Stack Issues Statement on Step Forward for Port of Philadelphia Strategic Plan released (1/21/16).
- Governor Wolf Announces Next Step in Port Philadelphia Development released (1/20/16).
- Philadelphia Regional Port Authority to Conduct Public Outreach Meetings on Southport Maritime Development Project released (12/2/16).
- Stakeholders Outreach [VIDEO] — Presentation.
- PRPA Releases Southport Marine Terminal RFQ released (9/25/16).
- PRPA Hosts Informational Briefing on Southport Project released (9/17/15).
- Philadelphia Regional Port Authority Reports Significant Progress at Southport released (8/6/15).
All questions about the Southport Marine Terminal Complex Project should be directed to:
Director of Procurement
Relevant Reports and Documents
- Green Justice Philly – Letter (6/16/16)
- Q & A │Round 2: Questions (6/2/16)
- Q & A │Round 1: Questions (4/15/16)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) – Version 2 (4/29/16)
- March 9th Public Outreach [VIDEO] – Full (3/28/16)
- March 9th Public Outreach [VIDEO] – Highlights (3/28/16)
- Clean Air Council – Letter (3/28/16)
- Penn Environment – Letter (3/28/16)
- Action United – Letter (3/28/16)
- March 9th Public Outreach – Presentation
- Southport Letter – Letter (3/23/16)
- Physicians for Social Responsibilities – Letter (2/29/16)
- Southport Request for Proposals (RFP) – Issued 2/29/16
- Teaming Forum Sign-In Sheets (2/26/16)
- Teaming Forum – Presentation (2/26/16)
- Southport Respondent Contact Information (2/19/16)
- Stakeholder Outreach (2/18/16) – Presentation
- PRPA Board Meeting; SOQ – Shortlisted Respondents (1/19/16) – Presentation
- Green Justice Philly – Letter
- Phila IPL – Letter
- Office Proposal Response
- Southport Marine Terminal Complex Fact Sheet
- Professionals & Trade Organizations Outreach (12-2015) – Presentation
- RFQ Addendum 3 – Exhibit A (Responses) (11/3/15)
- RFQ Addendum 3 – Exhibit B (11/3/15)
- RFQ Addendum 3 – Exhibit C (Redline Copy) (11/3/15)
- International Imports Distribution Centers – Philadelphia Hinterlands Map (11/3/15)
- Southport REI (10/1/15)
- REI Respondents List
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Southport Marine Terminal Physical Site Assessment
- Stakeholders Outreach [VIDEO] – Presentation
Permits and Drawings
(Click below to expand for documents)
PA NPDEDS – PADEP approval for NPDES permit for stormwater discharge w/ Southport Project. (4/5/2013)
Water Obstruction – PADEP approval for water obstruction and encroachment permit. (4/5/2013)
NPDES Permit Drawings, G-3 Pre-Development Plan (Rev. F) – Pre-development plan showing wetland delineations and regulated water of the US and PA. (8/28/2012)
NPDES Permit Drawings, G-4 Post-Development Plan (Rev. F) – Post-development plan with impacts to wetlands and regulated water of the US and PA. (8/28/2012)
NPDES Permit Drawings, G-5 Site Plan (Rev. C) – Site plan showing conceptual container terminal layout. (12/6/2012)
NPDES Permit Drawings, S-1 Overall Structural Plan (Rev. B) – Site plan showing conceptual pile layout and section lines for typical cross sections referenced below. (11/5/2010)
NPDES Permit Drawings, S-9 Typical East Wharf Cross Section (Rev. B) – Typical cross section of pile supported wharf. (11/5/2010)
NPDES Permit Drawings, S-11 Typical North Wharf Cross Section (Rev. B)– Typical cross section of pile supported wharf. (11/5/2010)
NPDES Permit Drawings, S-14 South Revetment Plan (Rev. B) – Plan depicting rip rap slope along southern limits of Southport Property and section lines for cross sections referenced below. (11/5/2010)
NPDES Permit Drawings, S-15 South Revetment Sections (Rev. B) – Revetment sections showing slope preparation and utility penetrations. (11/5/2010)
Southport Connector Road Development Plans, C-1 ̶ Cover Sheet (Rev. 06/10/2014) – Cover sheet and table of contents for Southport Connector Road Development Plans. (6/10/2014)
Southport Connector Road Development Plans, C-2 ̶ Overall Site Plan (Rev. 07/03/2013) – Site plan depicting Southport Connector Road layout and General Notes. (7/3/2013)